Thursday, July 17, 2008


Slowing Down But Not Stopping

Quote of the Day: "There can be as much value in the blink of an eye as in months of rational analysis."

- Malcolm Gladwell





Friends and Family,

Some of the characters in these updates have been put on the distro list so welcome and PLEASE still talk to me after you read the archives I’m sending….

With so much excitement going on lately, today was relatively calm. I would maybe go so far as to say “boring” but I don’t get bored.

Lonely, sure, but not bored.

You would think after such a late night last night and with nothing to get up for, I would sleep until I puked. OK, maybe that’s a bad exaggeration but the fact remains, I could have slept all the day away.

But I didn’t. Not by choice, mind you, I just couldn’t sleep past 0830 which gave me a whopping 5 and a half hours of sleep.

I figured I’d make it up with a nap that I’m so famous for but that didn’t happen either. What is going on? Sleep has never been an issue and a nap-a-thon during the day, given the opportunity could be accomplished at the passing thought.

But now, given all the time I want, it eludes me. I hope this is just a phase.

Or maybe it’s the goat.

I piddled around the house cleaning and I know my wife will find this shocking but I now live in pristine conditions. I spend most of my time cleaning, organizing, and putting everything “just so.”

I’ve been fully domesticated and hopefully this will stick with me when I leave here….sorry about that, I was channeling my wife there. Carrie, knock it off.

I’m wavering on getting a cat. I don’t know if I can really deal with leaving in a year and trying to find her another home. My only option at that point would be to set her loose and I don’t know if I have it in me.

On another note, I just remembered one of those funny moments from the other day when I was in the grocery store. I was looking for kidney beans and they had just about every kind of beans that exists and some I have no clue about. Most of the cans were in Arabic so I had to go off of the pictures.

“That looks like it might be…”

I then saw the label said fava beans so of course, my instant response was that it would go well with a nice bottle of Chianti (pronouncing it wrong like he did).



Tick tock, Clarisse.

I really do entertain myself sometimes.

Tonight was another masallama for someone I didn’t even know but if you think that stopped me from stopping by, you have not been paying close attention. Not only is the tea free (while it lasts) but there is usually free food, a band, and most importantly, people.

Maybe this will wear off when I’m not Nick the New Guy but for now, I’m still meeting new people every time.

The night went by fast…again.. and after two days in a row of this kind of craziness, I was starting to feel my age. Just can’t do those back-to-back nights of celebrating any more. At least not without a lot of pain involved which the kicker there is that I didn’t even work out today. My first pain-free day in a week and there was plenty of pain by the end of the night.

That sucks.

FML for Today: “Today, I ran into my ex-girlfriend, the love of my life. Actually I ran into a billboard for her college, where apparently she is the new "poster girl" for their advertising campaign. I have now seen her on 2 billboards, a newspaper ad and a bus. FML.”

No comments:

Post a Comment