Wednesday, July 16, 2008


A Special Project

Quote of the Day: "Patience is the companion of wisdom."

- Saint Augustine





Friends and Family,

Many of you have been asking if you can send me anything and I came up with a great idea.

The 3-bedroom, 2-floor villa I live in has empty walls. It feels like a barracks room in every room. So I got the idea to “Americanize” it, I could put up as many state flags as I could and then leave it them here for the next American Marine to take my spot. It’ll give a taste of home here in a faraway land.

In that spirit, I thought it would be neat to get the flags from you who live in whatever State you reside. I will update the blog with flags I have received and take pics to post on my Flickr account.

Please do not send any until you check with me because it may have already been taken. I’ll provide the address when you email me.

As far as size, go with the Goldilocks approach: not too small but not too big. I’m not going for uniformity here so somewhere between a placemat and a bath towel

So far, I have the following States accounted for:

Washington

California

Florida

Illinois

New York

North Carolina

I have the following pending answers:

American

Texas

Don’t forget:

Puerto Rico

American Samoa

Guam

Northern Mariana Islands

U.S. Virgin Islands

Washington DC

So let me know if you want to help me out.

FML for Today: “Today, I was moving. While packing, I found an old photo that had been laying face down in the bottom of a drawer for some time, and some of the ink transfered to the drawer lining. There is now an image of my ex-girlfriend's face permanently burned into the bottom of my nightstand drawer. FML.”

No comments:

Post a Comment